Anne Jones and Jurahee Silvers will be having a baby shower 2:00 PM April 27th at Jurahee’s house on the Tillman ranch for Lee and Myghan Meadow. Call 806-789-4612 for directions.
Finger Food and Game Night – Sunday 27th at 5:30 PM.
Romans 5:1-11 (ESV)
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,  and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,  and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—  but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.  For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.  More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
Questions for Reflection
- What results can difficult circumstances have in a person’s life?
- What is the basis for our justification with God? (5:1)
- What is our relationship with God if we have been justified by faith? (5:1)
- How does Jesus Christ change a person’s standing with God? (5:2)
- What was our relationship to God when Christ came to die for us? (5:8)
- What does it mean to be justified?
- How were we formerly God’s enemies?
- What is the connection between suffering and hope?
- How should Christian hope affect a person’s attitude toward his or her current circumstances or goals?
- What is hope?
- What keeps us from being full of joy and hope in the middle of difficult circumstances?