Come and See!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Scripture & Questions for Sunday (11/9/14)

The youth will be having a bake sale at Hill Country Sporting Goods Saturday 10am to 1:00pm. If you would like to bake something please drop it off at the church Friday. 

Scripture
Please Read Micah Chapter 6 and 7

My sermon will focus on:
Micah 6:6-8 (ESV)  
    "With what shall I come before the Lord,
        and bow myself before God on high?
    Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
        with calves a year old?
    [7] Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
        with ten thousands of rivers of oil?
    Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,
        the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?"
    [8] He has told you, O man, what is good;
        and f what does the Lord require of you
    but to do justice, and to love kindness,
        and to walk humbly with your God?

Questions for Reflection

  1. When faced with difficult circumstances, on whom can you most depend for help?
  2. What was God’s indictment against Israel? (6:1-5)
  3. How did Israel propose to make up for its sins? (6:6-8)
  4. What did God desire from His people? (6:8)
  5. What were some of the sins in which Israel was involved? (6:9-12)
  6. What does it mean to act justly? love mercy? walk humbly with God?
  7. In what way does God want us to be a force for good against evil in the world?
  8. If all Christians were spiritual people who always obeyed God faithfully and acted justly, how might our society be different?