Come and See!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Scripture for Sunday (2/22/15)

Scripture
Matthew 18:15-35 (ESV)  
"If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.  [16] But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses.  [17] If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.  [18] Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  [19] Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  [20] For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them." 
[21] Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?"  [22] Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven. 
[23] "Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants.  [24] When he began to settle, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.  [25] And since he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made.  [26] So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.'  [27] And out of pity for him, the master of that servant released him and forgave him the debt.  [28] But when that same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii, and seizing him, he began to choke him, saying, 'Pay what you owe.'  [29] So his fellow servant fell down and pleaded with him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you.'  [30] He refused and went and put him in prison until he should pay the debt.  [31] When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all that had taken place.  [32] Then his master summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me.  [33] And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?'  [34] And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt.  [35] So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart."