Come and See!

Friday, May 8, 2015

Announcements, Scripture & Questions for Sunday (5/10/15)

Announcements:

  • Tuesday, May 12th there will be a special meeting of the session at 6:00 PM to review and set goals for the various committees.
  • Our next 5th Sunday special program will be held May 31st during the Sunday school hour starting at 9:45. Breakfast will be served then Dr. Franklin House will share with us a story from one of his mission trips to the Marshall Islands. The children and youth of the church will be singing as well about the Fruits of the Spirit.  Children will need to practice each Sunday until then.  If parents would like more info or a copy of the songs and scriptures please contact Teena Hagood.
  • On May 18th at 5:15 in the Fellowship Hall Chelsea Blackbird “The Christian Nutritionist” will be coming to do a Nutrition Workshop. If you would like to attend please email Jurahee Silvers at Jurahee.silvers@gmail.com by 5/11. Everyone that does the workshop will be able to see what imbalances and burdens are most prevalent in their body and the best nutritional approach to take to give your body back what it needs. The cost for the workshop is $35. You must fill out a computer generated questionnaire as well as a health history form and client agreement form that are then all sent back to Chelsea. At the workshop you will receive a folder with your specific nutrition evaluation, symptom burden analysis as well as tips and meal guides. The group setting allows for discussion and learning together that benefits everyone.  
  • Come to Fellowship Hall for coffee then prayer @ 9:15 each Sunday then stay for Sunday School.
  • Youth Group for grades 6-12 – Wednesday, 6-7:30 PM. 
Scripture 

John 15:9-17 (ESV)  
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.  [10] If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.  [11] These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.  [12] "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  [13] Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends.  [14] You are my friends if you do what I command you.  [15] No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.  [16] You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.  [17] These things I command you, so that you will love one another. 

Questions for Reflection

  1. What did Jesus urge His disciples to do? (15:9)
  2. How were Jesus’ disciples to remain in His love? (15:10)
  3. Why did Jesus talk with His disciples about vines and branches? (15:11)
  4. What command did Jesus give His disciples? (15:12)
  5. What is the greatest manifestation of love? (15:13)
  6. Who did Jesus say were His friends? (15:14)
  7. Why did Jesus call His disciples friends? (15:15)
  8. When do you struggle with loving others the way Jesus has loved you?
  9. What kind of friend are you to Jesus?