Come and See!

Friday, November 11, 2016

Scripture & Questions for Sunday (11/13/16)

Movie Night! Tomorrow at 6:30 PM.  Come to the fellowship hall to watch God's Not Dead 2.

Session Meeting on Tuesday at 5:30 PM.

Hanging of the Greens and Chili lunch Sunday, November 20th following Morning Worship.

Scripture for Sunday
Isaiah 6:1-8 (ESV)  
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple.  [2] Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.  [3] And one called to another and said:
    "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
    the whole earth is full of his glory!"
[4] And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.  [5] And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!" [6] Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar.  [7] And he touched my mouth and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.  [8] And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."  

Questions for Reflection
1. When have you tried hard to communicate something important to an unresponsive audience?
2. How did Isaiah see himself once he had been exposed to God’s glory? (6:5)
3. What provision was made for Isaiah’s guilt in the presence of a holy God? (6:6-7)
4. How did Isaiah respond to God’s call? (6:8)
5. Why is it almost impossible, or intolerable, for a human being to stand before a holy God?
6. What could have motivated Isaiah to volunteer to be God’s messenger?
7. How can we follow Isaiah’s example of availability to God?