Come and See!

Friday, May 25, 2018

Scripture & Questions for Sunday (5/27/18)

>> Jim and Laurie will be on vacation May 28 through June 6.
>> Men's breakfast in June will be on June 10th, the second Sunday.

Scripture for Sunday
Philip. 4:4-13 (ESV) 
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.  [5] Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;  [6] do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  [7] And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
[8] Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.  [9] What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
[10] I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity.  [11] Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.  [12] I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  [13] I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Questions for Reflection
1.    How do you tend to respond when things don’t go your way?
2.    What does it take to live at peace with difficult family members or colleagues?
3.    How did Paul tell the Philippian Christians to treat others? (4:5)
4.    What did Paul say about anxiety? (4:6-7)
5.    What were the Philippians to do instead of worrying? (4:6-7)
6.    If you were more thankful, joyful, and gentle, how might your family and friends be affected?
7.    What does it take for you to think worthy thoughts?