Come and See!

Friday, August 10, 2018

Scripture & Questions for Sunday (8/12/18)

Men's Breakfast Saturday morning 8 AM. Coffee will be on at 6:30, so come early to visit and bring a friend.

Scripture
Micah 6:6-8
"With what shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? 7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?" 8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Questions for Reflection
1.    How did Israel propose to make up for its sins? (6:6-8)
2.    What did God desire from His people? (6:8)
3.    How do the sins of the church today compare with the injustice of God’s people during the time of Micah?
4.    What does it mean to act justly? love mercy? walk humbly with God?
5.    In what way does God want us to be a force for good against evil in the world?
6.    If all Christians were spiritual people who always obeyed God faithfully and acted justly, how might our society be different?
7.    What is the difference between punishment for sin and the consequences of sin?
8.    When have you, like Micah, felt depressed by all the troubles around you?