Come and See!

Friday, July 5, 2019

Scripture & Questions for Sunday (7/7/19)

VBS - will be July 26-27, we will leave the church at 2:00 PM.
Ages - Finished Kindergarten through finished 5th grade.
Registration forms and a food signup sheet for Friday and Saturday VBS are on the table at the back of the church.
Pre-K children come at 5:00 on Saturday for a craft and time to swim before dinner.
ALL Church Fish Fry Saturday July 27, 6:00 PM at the McMillan Cabins

Scripture for Sunday
Isaiah 6:1-8 (ESV) 
1 In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!” 4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!” 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.” 8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

Questions for Reflection
1.    What are some of the reasons people volunteer at church?
2.    How did Isaiah see himself once he had been exposed to God’s glory? (6:5)
3.    What provision was made for Isaiah’s guilt in the presence of a holy God? (6:6-7)
4.    How did Isaiah respond to God’s call? (6:8)
5.    What can we learn about the nature of God from the vision Isaiah had before His throne?
6.    What are some of the sins that would lead to a feeling of "unclean lips"?
7.    *Why is it almost impossible, or intolerable, for a human being to stand before a holy God?
8.    What could have motivated Isaiah to volunteer to be God’s messenger?
9.    How can we follow Isaiah’s example of availability to God?