Come and See!

Monday, October 28, 2019

Scripture for Sunday (10/27/19)

These are the details of the services for George Stewart:
  Contacts: Richard Stewart (210) 275-6563, Katy Calverley (210) 316-4561
  Memorial Service is at Christ of the Hills Presbyterian Church on Thursday, November 7th at 1:00 PM. The address is 635 Highway 46 East Ste. 203-204, Boerne, TX 78006.  Pastor Pete Johnson will officiate.
  Internment is on Saturday, November 9th at Mo Ranch outside of Hunt, Texas. At 1:00 we will meet on Serenity Hill near the Chapel on the Hill for the service.  Reverends Jim & Laurie Barker will be officiating. If weather is severe, we will have a service at the Mo-Ranch Chapel near the Guest Lodge. If anyone wants to join us for lunch in the dining hall, you will need to have a reservation (we need a head count). If you would like to make a memorial gift, please make them to Christ of the Hills Church.

Scripture for Sunday
John 8:31-38 (ESV) 
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?” 34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. 35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are offspring of Abraham; yet you seek to kill me because my word finds no place in you. 38 I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”