Come and See!

Friday, July 3, 2020

Announcements & Scripture for Sunday (7/5/2020)

If you are in quarantine or sheltering in place and need groceries or anything else, please let us know and we will help you get what you need.
 
We will have worship at 11 AM Sunday. If you are concerned at all or are showing any symptoms please stay home. Many of our church members fall into the higher risk category and we expect that you will do what is best for your health. We will also continue to stream live on Facebook and put the recorded service on YouTube. Even though we may not be worshiping in the same physical location we are united by the Holy Spirit. Please continue to pray for one another. 
 
Our family will be on vacation July 9-17. We will pick up Laurie’s mother in Bridgeport then go to Scottsbluff, NE to spend time with her brother and his family.
 
 
Scripture for Sunday
Philip. 3:1-11 (ESV)  
Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you. [2] Look out for the dogs, look out for the evildoers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh. [3] For we are the real circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh— [4] though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: [5] circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; [6] as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness, under the law blameless. [7] But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. [8] Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ [9] and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— [10] that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, [11] that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.