Come and See!

Friday, October 29, 2021

Veterans Day

Please forward the following to the members of your congregation. 

As many of you know, I teach U.S. History at JHS. Veterans' Day is extremely important to me, and I would like to make a more personal impact upon my students this year. I would like to give my students the opportunity to interview a veteran and hear about their experiences while in the service. We have had presentations in the past which have been absolutely wonderful. I think a one-on-one conversation would be even more memorable to these young people.

If you are a veteran, or if you know a veteran who is willing to be interviewed, please e-mail me at my school address by Monday, Nov. 1st, meredith.nowlin@junctionisd.net

These interviews can be over the phone or in person. They need not take a lot of time...that is up to you and the student. I will brainstorm some questions ahead of time with the students, but feel free to discuss whatever you feel will help these students understand what being a veteran really means.

ALSO, I understand that we have some very kind and knowledgeable spouses of veterans. We would love to hear from you, too! Please feel free to join in with your perspective. Some are widows/widowers. Do not let that stop you. Please feel free to reach out and share your memories of your loved one and your time together as they served.

Thanks so very much and God bless!
Meredith Nowlin