Come and See!

Monday, November 23, 2015

Scripture for Sunday (11/22/15)

Scripture for Sunday
Isaiah 5:1-7 (ESV) 
    Let me sing for my belovedmy love song concerning his vineyard:
    My beloved had a vineyard
        on a very fertile hill.
    [2] He dug it and cleared it of stones,
        and planted it with choice vines;
    he built a watchtower in the midst of it,
        and hewed out a wine vat in it;
    and he looked for it to yield grapes,
        but it yielded wild grapes.
    [3] And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem
        and men of Judah,
    judge between me and my vineyard.
    [4] What more was there to do for my vineyard,
        that I have not done in it?
    When I looked for it to yield grapes,
        why did it yield wild grapes?
    [5] And now I will tell you
        what I will do to my vineyard.
    I will remove its hedge,
        and it shall be devoured;
    I will break down its wall,
        and it shall be trampled down.
    [6] I will make it a waste;
        it shall not be pruned or hoed,
        and briers and thorns shall grow up;
    I will also command the clouds
        that they rain no rain upon it.
    [7] For the vineyard of the Lord of hosts
        is the house of Israel,
    and the men of Judah
        are his pleasant planting;
    and he looked for justice,
        but behold, bloodshed;
    for righteousness,
        but behold, an outcry!

Isaiah 11:1-5 (ESV) 
    There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse,
        and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.
    [2] And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him,
        the Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
        the Spirit of counsel and might,
        the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
    [3] And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord.
    He shall not judge by what his eyes see,
        or decide disputes by what his ears hear,
    [4] but with righteousness he shall judge the poor,
        and decide with equity for the meek of the earth;
    and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth,
        and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked.
    [5] Righteousness shall be the belt of his waist,
        and faithfulness the belt of his loins.