Come and See!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Scripture for Sunday (7/9/17)

Scripture for Sunday
Psalm 13:1-6 (ESV)  
    To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
    How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
        How long will you hide your face from me?
    [2] How long must I take counsel in my soul
        and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
    How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
    [3] Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;
         light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
    [4] lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him,"
        lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
    [5] But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
        my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
    [6] I will sing to the Lord,
        because he has dealt bountifully with me.

Rev. 6:9-11 (ESV)  
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne.  [10] They cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"  [11] Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.