Come and See!

Monday, August 7, 2017

Scripture for Sunday (8/6/17)

Scripture for Sunday
Psalm 146:1-10 (ESV)  
    Praise the Lord!Praise the Lord, O my soul!
    [2] I will praise the Lord as long as I live;
         I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
    [3] Put not your trust in princes,
         in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
    [4] When his breath departs he returns to the earth;
        on that very day his plans perish.
    [5] Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
        whose hope is in the Lord his God,
    [6] who made heaven and earth,
        the sea, and all that is in them,
     who keeps faith forever;
        [7] who executes justice for the oppressed,
         who gives food to the hungry.
     The Lord sets the prisoners free;
        [8] the Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
     The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down;
         the Lord loves the righteous.
    [9] The Lord watches over the sojourners;
         he upholds the widow and the fatherless,
        but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.
    [10] The Lord will reign forever,
        your God, O Zion, to all generations.
     Praise the Lord!

Isaiah 43:16-21 (ESV)  
    Thus says the Lord,
        who makes a way in the sea,
        a path in the mighty waters,
    [17] who brings forth chariot and horse,
        army and warrior;
    they lie down, they cannot rise,
        they are extinguished, quenched like a wick:
    [18] "Remember not the former things,
        nor consider the things of old.
    [19] Behold, I am doing a new thing;
        now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
    I will make a way in the wilderness
        and rivers in the desert.
    [20] The wild beasts will honor me,
        the jackals and the ostriches,
    for I give water in the wilderness,
        rivers in the desert,
    to give drink to my chosen people,
        [21] the people whom I formed for myself
    that they might declare my praise.